Welcome to our latest blog post where we delve into the world of beautiful jewelry! Today, we're focusing on how to care for 14k gold-filled and 18K gold plated pieces - your ticket to affordable, high-quality jewelry that stands the test of time.
Understanding Our Jewelry Materials
Our collection features a blend of materials to cater to various styles and preferences. The chains, connectors, and clasps of our necklaces, as well as the posts on our earrings, are made with 14k gold-fill, offering durability and a long-lasting shine. Meanwhile, our rings, necklace charms, and earring charms are made right here in America with a brass base and elegantly plated with 18K yellow gold. This combination not only ensures quality but also makes our 14k gold-fill pieces hypoallergenic, perfect for those with sensitive skin.
Daily Care for 14k Gold-Filled Pieces
Your daily habits can significantly impact the longevity of your gold-filled jewelry. Here are some easy tips:
- Keep it away from harsh environments: Pools, hot tubs, and the sea can be harsh on gold-filled jewelry due to chemicals and saltwater.
- Mind your beauty routine: Apply your jewelry after using beauty products like perfumes, lotions, and sunscreens, as these can tarnish the gold.
- Gentle cleaning is key: Use a soft cloth to remove makeup and oils after each wear. If your jewelry has been exposed to sunscreen, saltwater, or sweat, give it a quick rinse in clean water and dry it with a soft cloth.
Deep Cleaning for Extra Sparkle
Every couple of months, give your jewelry a deeper clean:
1. Soak in warm water with mild soap for a minute.
2. Gently scrub with an ultra-soft toothbrush.
3. Rinse in clean water and dry with a soft cloth.
Caring for 18K Gold Plated Jewelry
Our 18K gold plated pieces require the same care guidelines as the 14k gold-fill elements, and while durable, require a bit of extra care to maintain their luster:
- Avoid exposure to harsh chemicals: Perfumes, lotions, and cleaning agents can affect the plating.
- Clean gently: Wipe with a soft, dry cloth. Avoid using abrasive materials that can scratch the plating.
- Store separately: Keep your plated pieces separate from other jewelry to prevent scratches (this is not a must but if you want to be extra careful you can implement this)
If you’re not going to be wearing your pieces for a while we do recommend that you store your jewelry in airtight containers, this includes both gold-filled and plated pieces. This helps prevent dirt buildup and prolongs their beauty.
Embracing the Natural Aging Process
Remember that both 14k gold-filled and 18K gold plated jewelry will age over time. There are some claims online that say 14k gold-fill jewelry will never show aging but this is simply not true. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but we would rather give you realistic expectations than disappointment in the long term. But embrace it! This natural aging process adds character and uniqueness to each piece, reflecting your personal journey. Also, for the affordable price that you are able to buy our jewelry vs a heavier investment when it comes to solid gold pieces, the length of time you can wear your 14k gold-fill and 18k gold plated pieces gives you a very good return on investment and is well worth the money spent. Especially considering that we make our jewelry in America which significantly increases our production costs.
Why Choose Our Jewelry?
By choosing our jewelry, you're investing in pieces that blend style, quality, and affordability while supporting a small business in America. Whether it's the durability of 14k gold-filled elements or the elegance of 18K gold plating, our jewelry is designed to be cherished.
Explore our collection today and find the perfect piece that resonates with your style – a blend of elegance, quality, and timeless beauty.
We used ChatGBT to help us create this blogpost by researching online to find the common and tried and true practices of how to care and maintain the shine and prolong the life of your jewelry. We hope you enjoyed it!