Please read carefully as our Repair Policy has recently changed
Repair Policy: 30 Day *Free Repairs
What is included in our free 30 day repair policy?
- Stones falling out
- Broken chains (when no force is applied)
- Broken clasp
What is not included in our free 30 day repair policy?
- Any show of wear on the piece. This means we do not replace or offer repairs if the color of the piece fades or changes since this can occur due to chemical reactions within the body and on the skin. Also, topical elements such as lotions / perfumes / soaps affect the jewelry in ways which are outside of our control.
- If the piece breaks because of force being applied to the piece (child grabbing the chain, etc) this is not covered in our free 30 day repair policy.
- We also do not replace lost charms. If a charm falls off of a chain we are not responsible and do not offer replacements since charms can come on and off the chain due to the design. Please use caution and be aware when you are putting on your piece to ensure you have the clasp fully closed to prevent the loss of a charm.
- Pieces purchased from sources outside of katiedeanjewelry.com do not qualify for our repair policy
How do I proceed with notifying KDJ about a repair?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Original order number (if it was a gift we need the email and name of the gift giver)
- A clear picture of the piece focused in on the repair needed
How long do approved repairs take?
- Repairs take up to 30 business days to be processed and shipped back to the customer
What happens after 30 days?
- Any repairs from 31 days up to 1 year can be repaired (within the limits stated above) for a service fee of $30-50 depending on the piece and what is needed.
- The customer will be responsible for shipping charges.
- The repair fee + shipping charges will be invoiced to the customer and will need to be paid before the item is given the OK to be shipped back for repair.
It is the customers responsibility to protect the piece when it is shipped back.
SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS once repair invoice is paid and return label is provided by Katie Dean Jewelry:
- Place the piece within a small jewelry box
- If you do not have a jewelry box available please use bubble wrap or tissue paper to protect the piece
Place the protected piece in a bubble mailer to ensure the piece does not get damaged in transit (do NOT use an envelope of any kind or priority mailer from USPS or any type of large box, the shipping label provided does not cover priority rates and the shipment will be rejected and sent back to you)
- Print and tape the postage to the front of the mailer
- Drop off the package to USPS and obtain a receipt for proof of drop off
Thank you for supporting a Made in America company!