Since most of our Summer events have been canceled I wanted to take a moment to share some fun facts about me and the business that you may not have known. I normally get to meet a lot of you in person when I travel across the country for our events and that connection is so special. And even though a virtual meet and greet will never be the same as meeting face-to-face, I hope this will act as a way to connect us!
So here it goes… ⠀⠀
10 THINGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE KNOWN ABOUT ME
1. Eight years ago I started making jewelry in the closet under my stairs in LA, really channeled my inner Harry Potter in those early years
2. I’m a quarter Lebanese and grew up eating yummy grape leaves, kibbeh & baklava thanks to my sweet Grandma Jules (check out the KDJ @Pinterest page for some Lebanese recipes you can recreate at home)
3. Supporting other women in their endeavors is a passion of mine and as women I believe it’s our duty to focus on creating community over competition.
4. I’ve been in business for 8 years and have held true to my mission of keeping the jewels handmade in America
5. I hand stamp all the boxes & bags that are used to package your orders ...and I fulfill all of your lovely orders! One of my favorite daily routines. :)
6. I love doing podcasts & sharing insight into my life as an entrepreneur. You can listen to me talk biz on 5 amazing podcasts:
7. Oakland, CA is where my husband and I live with our sweet cat, Kiki (one of these days we need to get a family portrait!)
8. My vice is coffee! I love supporting local coffee shops & I wake up excited to go out every morning for a fresh latte (@thecrocafe, @subrosacoffee and @wreckingballcoffee are a few local favorites!
9. My husband & I love to travel. I document a lot of our adventures on the KDJ blog. Check it out for travel guides to Paris, Provence, Puglia, London & more!
10. I’m a sucker for British TV shows. A few of my favorites that you can add to your binge watch list:
- Downton Abbey
- Howards End
- The Bodyguard
Lastly, I’m so grateful for each & every one of you for following along and supporting my small business.
Hope you enjoyed getting to know me a bit more. 💕
Have a great weekend!