Happy Galentine’s Day!
Katie Dean, February 13 2015
Shout out to all the Parks and Recreation fans! February 13 is Galentine’s Day and in case you haven’t already begun the celebration, here are a few ways to spend the day with the your besties!
1. Waffle Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner. A true lady knows that these syrupy treasures shouldn’t only be enjoyed in the morning. Mimosas: a must!
2. Take a class together! Cooking, ceramics, yoga, the list goes on. One of the best ways to grow closer is to do something new together.
3. Go to a local museum that you’ve never visited before or check out a fresh exhibit.
4. Movie marathon! Chill at home all day with plenty of snacks and watch your favorite rom coms or a series from start to finish. (p.s. Did we mention Friends is on Netflix now?)
5. Go out to a nice dinner. Admit it, the best part of going to prom was getting ready with your friends. We will never be too old to get dolled up with our ladies and then hit the town together! Never.
6. Spend the day sightseeing around your own city. Make a list of things you’ve wanted to do and see how many you can get through in a day!
7. Plan your meals and eat out all day. Favorite brunch spot? Check. Drool-worthy lunch spot? Got that one, too. Most delicious dinner? Reservation made. And then fill in the gaps in between!
8. Create a home-made bloody mary bar and invite other single folk to enjoy! Check out this article for ideas.
9. Spend the day outdoors. If you live in a warm spot, go for a sunny hike. Living in the tundra this time of year? Go cross country skiing or snowshoeing, and then warm up afterwards with some steamy hot cocoa.
10. Don’t have the day off? Show your friends you care by giving them a shout out on social media, sending a text, or even sending flowers.
Happy Galentine’s Day from all of us at Katie Dean. We hope you all feel loved and special today!
photo by: Alexis Exstrom